Cast Print has won a plane ticket to Switzerland to participate in the final pitch competition, for the chance to win 500,000 EUR in equity investment, as well as numerous opportunities provided by Seedstars partners.
Second and third places in the Swiss final competition will win 10,000 EUR in credit to work with Seedstars partners.
In the pitch competition in Riga, 11 startups pitched their ideas to the jury. The jury evaluated the teams based on scalability as well as demonstrated traction.
Second place was snagged by Crassula, a startup that is an open banking software platform that helps build white-label fintech products.
Third place was taken by Orocon, the construction management platform.
Other startups that participated included:
- Drone Plan - reduce electrical blackouts, electrical accidents, with software for drones that inspect power lines
- Cenos - engineering simulation platform
- Engage - create and monetize interactive content (quizes, games, stories).
- Finance Flow - controls company finances
- VN universe - air quality monitoring and control in schools
- YoPlayDo - tracking physical development - keeps records of kids' data and statistics - both professional and physical - for sports schools
- Agro platforma - grain buying/selling platform asserted that
- Buldozer rent - b2b marketplace for equipment booking
Before the pitch competition, startups participated in a one-day bootcamp, where mentors worked with the startups to fine-tune their pitch decks and presentation skills.
Startups participating in the competition had to be less than 2 years old. As a result, we saw pitches both from startups that are only a few months old, as well as those, that are nearing the two-year mark. The winning startups, admittedly, are closer to the two-year mark.
Ieva Upeniece of Baltic Sandbox comments the phenomenon:
“It's nice to see startups at different ages. It demonstrates very well what kind of growth is possible in less than two years.”
The jury consisted of several distinguished individuals; Olena Boytsun - Investment Lead for CEE region at Luminate , Olga Barreto Gonçalves - Chief Start-up Instigator at the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia, Egita Polanska -Head of Operations at Startup Wise Guys, Martins Lasmanis - Investment Manager at Imprimatur Capital and Daniela Guzun - Associate for CEE & Central Asia at Seedstars.
This event is hosted with the support of main sponsor Luminate and the technology partner, Magnetic Latvia, and supporters: SEB Bank Innovation Centre, Buildit Accelerator, TechChill, Digital Freedom Festival.