The Digital Freedom Festival is quickly approaching. The program has been published, side events are known, speakers are unveiled. Here's how to make the most of it.
DFF is only a week away - occurring from November 30 - December 1 at the Riga Latvian Society House. The conference will congregate 1500 attendees and will feature five stages with Digital and Lifestyle-themed topics.
This year DFF has changed up the traditional conference format to include new event experiences. Those include:
- A 24 hour bio-hacking retreat
- A full day of skill-developing masterclasses
- Investors day
And of course, this comes as a supplement to the established and well-loved keynotes, speeches, and panel discussions known and expected at conferences.
Discussions on stages
On Day 1 of the conference (Friday, November 3oth), a traditional conference day will be held (in the typical understanding of the word). On the 5 stages, discussions about our digital future will be held.
- Future Stage - this will be the main stage where discussion topics will include the influence of technology on political processes and health, artificial intelligence (AI) and biases, creating modern city designs and other topics.
- Delfi Media Lab Stage - this stage will feature topics such as human intelligence, the future of advertising and subscription, the influence of technologies on journalism and other topics.
- Corporate Innovation Stage - topics will include how AI can contribute to business development, machine learning and virtual assistants, and blockchain for corporate business. A discussion will be held in cooperation with Swedbank on the opportunities provided by open banking and open standard application programming interfaces.
- Lifestyle Stage - will provide knowledge about mindfulness and meditation, travel technologies, and other lifestyle and personal development topics.
- PNB Investor Lounge - this stage will be the location of Investor Day. The event will include four startup pitch competitions, including ones by world-leading accelerators 500 Startups and Rockstart, as well as EIT Climate-KIC accelerator and the LU Student Business Incubator. The closing of Investor Day will include investor speed-dating.
Masterclasses for tangible skill development
The Digital Freedom Festival will include for the first time a full day of masterclasses, which will be occurring simultaneously on all five stages. Each stage will host several workshops throughout the day where event attendees will be able to attend as they wish.
The only catch - spaces are limited for some masterclasses, and require advanced application.
To apply for the masterclasses of your interest:
- Take a look at day 2 of the program to get to know the offered masterclasses
- Click on the masterclasses you're interested
- The description box will note if advanced registration is required or not. If required, follow the steps to register.
Masterclasses range from Beginners' Guides to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency to negotiating and pitching to mindfulness and emotional intelligence. Learn more about the masterclasses here.
In cooperation with Biohacking.lv anyone interested will have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive biohacking retreat from December 1st - 2nd. Participation will include a unique mind, body and social interaction experience, and learning methods for improving wellbeing used by the most productive and influential people in the world.
This event is available for an additional cost, and separate tickets must be purchased here.
The retreat will include:
- Breathing and endurance workshop with certified Wim Hof Method instructor and personal fitness trainer JOHN CARSTAIRS (3h)
- Functional and somatic exercise workshop with Olympic sports coach DIANA STUPELE (2h)
- Individual brain training session with Dynamic Neurofeedback technologies by RIGA BRAIN (1h intro + individual sessions)
- Productivity, well-being & longevity workshop with martial art practitioner, mountaineer, and mindset coach ANDZEJS REITERS (2h)
- Qi-Gong morning exercise on the beach with certified Xi-gong trainer ZINA MURNIECE
- Cooking workshop under the leadership of a chef – upgrade your dinner (2h)
- Traditional Latvian sauna/bath
The event will be located in the spa city of Jurmala. It will be all-inclusive, covering the costs of transportation, accommodation and catering.
Digital Freedom Festival Co-founder Dagnija Lejina: “The Digital Freedom Festival will be the first technology conference in Latvia's new centenary, so as a gift we want to organise an especially exceptional event. The future will be controlled by those who control technology. This is why we're bringing world-class knowledge and contacts to Riga - to strengthen our position in the digital revolution. Our wish is for Latvia to become a regional leader in the tech innovation sector and to surprise the world!”