11 early-stage B2B startups from the CEE region have been selected to participate in the Startup Wise Guys Batch 12 acceleration program in Tallinn, Estonia.
From drones to HR, from developer tools to e-commerce solutions, event production and more – here they are – 11 startups that have gotten through a tough selection process among 400 others and are selected for Startup Wise Guys 12th acceleration program. They are moving to Tallinn, Estonia for a 3 months hands-on mentoring program and receiving up to 30Keur investment with the possibility of follow-on seed investment.
The Baltic Batch
After having numerous batches with a great variety of nationalities, this batch for a change could be named a Baltic one. There are 3 Estonian teams, 2 Lithuanian and 1 Latvian startups on board. Armenia and Ukraine continue their strong position in the application process and a team per country has been accepted into the accelerator.
Increased Western European interest
While having plenty of applicants from Eastern Europe is an established trend, it is not that typical to attract Western European founders for acceleration in the Baltics.
Lately, however, there has been increasing interest, probably mostly due to Estonian unicorns and great marketing efforts of the Baltic states. It is the second time in Startup Wise Guys history that an Italian team joins the batch and first-timers from Denmark.
Similar trends can be observed for Indian founders, who are willing to explore the European market and see the Baltics as a gateway to do that.
Without further ado, here are the 11 B2B startups participating in the Batch 12 Startup Wise Guys accelerator:
- Back2cart (Armenia) - Back2Cart enables a customized and targeted pop-up to your website visitors
- Consorto (Estonia) - Marketplace for European Commercial Real Estate
- DronePilot (Latvia) - Everything you need to fly your drone wisely
- eXpact (Estonia) - eXpact is not another recruiting agency. We are changing the way how people are hired in the ICT industry
- LevelUp (Denmark) - Video analysis made simple on an Ipad
- Razzby (Lithuania) - Swiss army knife for business events
- Skaffolder (Italy) - Skaffolder allows developers to easily create a fully working prototype within minutes
- Vumonic (India) - Vumonic Technologies is a data intelligence company which is in the business of furnishing competitive intelligence on value share and volume share to the e-commerce and e-tail industries
- Zirity (Ukraine) - Zirity provides on-line shops with try-on tools. This allows shops to sell more and decrease purchased product return rate
- ZitiCity (Lithuania) - Same-day shipping for e-commerce
- Zelos (Estonia) - Gamified management app for unleashing the full potential of large teams
Batch 12 is managed by Managing Director Alexandra Balkova from Ukraine with experience in a VC fund, Program Manager Darja Ogorodnik, fresh from Estonian startup Veriff that has gone through the YCombinator acceleration program, and Startup Wise Guys Global CEO Cristobal Alonso as the strategic driver.
With 100 investments in early-stage startups, Startup Wise Guys is one of the top investors in the broader CEE region and Nordics. To help techy startup founders become true entrepreneurs, they are running a world-class boutique startup accelerator since 2012.
So far, Starup Wise Guys has accelerated more than 100 startups in 11 cohorts, focusing on B2B SaaS and Fintech early stage startups. Portfolio has already had 1 major exit and overall startup survival and success rate is above 77%.
In addition to their classical B2B accelerator, Startup Wise Guys also runs a specialised fintech accelerator in cooperation with Swedbank. The Batch 2 fintech accelerator is set to launch soon in Riga, Latvia.