The Slush conference in Helsinki, one of the leading tech conferences in the region, will be frequented by many Latvians this year, both in the public and private sectors.
Slush is a conference in Northern Europe that attracts visitors from the region, as well as worldwide.
Latvians have a lengthy relationship with Slush attendance, with Latvian startup presence dating back to the very beginnings as of 2008. However recently, the public sector has taken notice. Last year, for the first time, a Latvian governmental organization was involved in Latvia's presnece at the conference. The Ministry of Economics, in tandem with LIAA and Techchill, offered a media and investors breakfast event. Additionally, for the first time ever, a Latvian governmental organization (Magnetic Latvia) had a stand in the expo area.
This year, LIAA, in co-operation with Techchill, have organized a startup-investor matchmaking event. 20 Latvian startups have been selected to participate in the matchmaking event, which is particularly promising as 1800 investors interested in investing in the region will be present at the Slush event.
Who are those startups?
- “OROCON”, a cloud-based site solution to help complex site management organize stored and used information for projects
- “Aerones”, a heavy-lift drone, used to clean windmills or high-altitude buildings
- “Advangrid”, a system focusing on client’s electricity grid monitoring to provide clients with electricity efficiency action plans
- “FinanceFlow”, creating a solution that shows rentability for projects, employees, and customers
- “CastPrint”, a medical 3D cast platform for clinics to offer more effective rehabilitation
- “Solfeg.io”, an online app that helps learning music by playing well-known songs
- “Files.fm”, a company that builds easy to use and innovative software products for file storage applications
- “Telemedicine Ltd”, a telemedicine services for the clinics, hospitals and health centers
- “Efectio Hotel Sleeps” a deep sleep room, including modern sleep tracking devices and specially adapted room to provide the client with the most qualitative relaxation
- “QRsignal”, an online platform where office managers offer equipment and facilities to tenants with QR codes
- “buldozer.rent” a B2B Marketplace for construction equipment rental
- “electo.online” a system that helps broadcasters easily interact with their target audience
- “Coffee Pixels” a coffee made into small chocolate-like coffee bars for healthier and more sustainable lifestyle
- “UNIQCUBE”, an online designer tool that helps to create custom lamps
- “Vigobot”, a digital assistant for stroke survivors, offering more effective rehabilitation
- “SIZZAPP” a system that collects and processes data of the vehicle and its usage
- “Azzurrotrip” a customized travel engine for creating independent trips, using the experience of locals and AI
- “MAZZY,” an IoT product that reads energy meter data, providing asset and environment tracking with GSM network
- “Scan & Buy” a solution that helps retailers place information about product and generates unique QR code for each item
- “FabControl”, a software for 3D production
The goal of the matchmaking breakfast is to support Latvian startups by introducing them to international investors and establishing new business contacts. The matchmaking breakfast will take its place at the Slush's venue, the conference center Messukeskus in Helsinki, on December 5 at 8:30-11:00 am. TechChill has already reached out to investors and is coordinating the 15-minute meeting schedule.